2020-21 Every Student, Every Day
The Every Student, Every Day Attendance Initiative is inviting proposals for 2020-2021 funding to support projects and ideas that will help improve attendance at local schools.
The following individuals or groups are eligible to apply for funding:
- Schools, teachers, School Councils and the Yukon Francophone School Board (Commission scolaire francophone du Yukon)
- Yukon First Nations governments or organizations
- Community organizations and student/parent clubs.
For the 2020-21 school year, we will distribute $150,000 amongst successful applicants. More than one proposal per school or community may be submitted. The successful applicants will be announced in April 2020.
Five broad categories for proposals include, but are not limited to:
- Focusing on the issue(s) of attendance – work with the community or families/caregivers to support daily school attendance
- Acting to improve attendance – materials and equipment for attendance projects (outside normal Yukon Education provided materials)
- Monitoring and adjusting current attendance initiatives – tools and/or research to assess the effectiveness of actions currently in place to improve attendance in order to make revisions to interventions.
- Creating communication projects/products – schools and students communicating on issues of attendance
- Fostering reconciliation with Yukon First Nations through addressing the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Calls to Action– working to enhance First Nations ways of knowing, doing and being with schools to promote attendance and engagement in schools.
Evidence suggests that projects have the greatest impact when they are:
- focused on student engagement
- foster strengthened relationships
- evidence-based and linked to outcomes.
Please note that the following types of projects are not supported by this fund:
- cash awards for attendance or rewards-based programs for best attendance (distinct from most improved attendance)
- projects that create a job position and involve paying an employee
- projects in contravention of existing Yukon Education policies and/or legislation
- projects which need multi-year funding or are repeat for more than two years.
How to submit a 2020 funding proposal:
Step 1: Complete every section of the Every Student Every Day funding proposal package. If you need additional space, you may add additional pages to your proposal.
Step 2: Submit your proposal to the Department of Education by 4:30 p.m. March 12, 2020:
1) In person: drop off at the Government of Yukon Education Building, 1000 Lewes Boulevard, Whitehorse (on the road to the Hospital). We’re open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Attention: Simon Blakesley
By mail: Attention Simon Blakesley
Department of Education (E-1)
Box 2703, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
By email to: Simon.email@example.com
- NOTE: Email submissions due March 12, and must be followed by an original paper copy to follow by Friday March 20 (by mail or in person)
By fax: 867-667-8555 NOTE: Fax submissions due March 12, and must be followed by an original paper copy to follow by Friday March 20 (by mail or in person)
All proposals need to be received by the Department of Education by Thursday, March 12, 2020, 4:30 p.m.